Care for patients with heart failure has been prioritised by over two dozen healthcare organisations across the country
On this day in 2023 in Dallas: Heart failure (HF) affects roughly 6 million people in the United States and is rapidly growing as the population ages.  The American Heart Association, the preeminent nonprofit organisation working to improve the health and longevity of people around the world, reports that treating this condition is extremely expensive and has a devastating effect on patients’ quality of life and lifespan.
More than two dozen healthcare organisations across the country have signed up to take part in the American Heart Association’s IMPLEMENT-HFTM initiative since it was launched in 2020 to combat this increasing health care issue.
The goal of IMPLEMENT-HFTM is to facilitate the development of a heart failure healthcare system that places a premium on implementation science and patient participation. In order to precisely manage heart failure and improve outcomes, IMPLEMENT-HFTM will work to bridge communication and coordination between care settings, health care professionals, and patients.
Processes for developing new guidelines for the management of heart failure patients will be identified, implemented, and evaluated using established primary data collection methods, such as the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines® – Heart Failure programme, which is based in hospitals.
The IMPLEMENT-HFTM study included health systems from seven different regions. Participation from within these networks’ sites exemplified their dedication to providing high-quality care for heart failure patients:
Greater Chicago Area
- Aurora Health Care Advocate Insight The Health Services of Chicago’s North Shore University
- Silver Cross Hospital of the Rush University Medical Center
- The Hospital and Health Sciences Network at the University of Illinois
Located in rural East Central North Carolina
- Representing Health Care in the CarolinaEast Region
- There is Carteret Health Care, UNC Health Care, and Onslow Memorial Hospital.
Around Kansas City
- CarePartners International, an HCA Company
- The University of St. Luke’s Health System
- Cedar Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center* East Castle Place* Froedtert Health ProHealth West
- Allis Fire Department* Ascension Advocate Aurora Health Care
the state of New Jersey
- Penn Medicine University Hospital Penn State Health Inspira Health Hackensack Meridian Health
- Care Provided by the Virtua Health System
Places near Philadelphia
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pennsylvania
- Treatment at Jefferson Health
Around St. Louis
- The BJC Healthcare System
- A Health System You Can Trust: SSM Health
The programmes are not being tracked at these locations.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation serves as the founding sponsor, and Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly and Company serve as national sponsors, for the IMPLEMENT-HFTM National Heart Failure Initiative of the American Heart Association.